Researchers at the World Tennis Federation have looked into the phenomenon of why old people are such bad line callers in tennis.
WTF researchers interviewed over 10,000 old people who play tennis to find out what factors result in their bad line calling.
The results were very similar with most of the old people interviewed. These being;
- bad eye sight
- refusing to wear their glasses on court
- hatred of their opponents
- bearing a grudge going back to 1977
- too much chianti the night before
- forgetting the rules of tennis
So if you do have to play an old person at tennis this week, do cut them some slack – as their rubbish line calling might not be on purpose – they are just old.